The Papermill Alarm is the world’s leading tool for detecting organised research fraud across all areas of science. The Papermill Alarm is comprised of a number of separate tools using a broad range of methods and data.
The Papermill Alarm is available exclusively via a direct subscription to Clear Skies’ services. Contact us for details.
Subscribe to Clear Skies to receive:
- Automated alerts when The Papermill Alarm detects signs of research fraud in newly published papers.
- Subscribing publishers also receive alerts when new submissions trigger The Papermill Alarm: saving time in peer-review and preventing retractions.
- Access to a web app which shows long term trends. This can reveal methods of operation: targeted journals, targeted subject areas and much more.
For details of how to subscribe: contact us
Clear Skies also offers the following APIs to aid editorial analytics:
- Article Tracker – for linking limited article metadata to Crossref. The Article Tracker can provide valuable context on peer-review operations. It also detects duplicate submissions in Crossmark data out-of-the-box. This is a hallmark of papermill activity.
- Papermill Alarm: Public – an introductory version of The Papermill Alarm limited to the field of cancer genetics. This is a basic version of the tool offered at a very low price.
Clear Skies gratefully acknowledges the services and support of the following organisations and individuals.
- Akabana Consulting
- The STM Association
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Semantic Scholar
- Retraction Watch
- Elisabeth Bik
- Guillaume Cabanac
- Smut Clyde
- Anna Abalkina